Friday, 2 December 2011

SP4M - 02/12/11

"I'd like to be in a band called Extra Seating Downstairs." - Wowser
*************************************************
For some of you, my music posts are little more than an annoyance. They get in the way of the real issues, like how awful Jaffa Cakes are, and pictures of Alexander Skarsgard. For the rest, however, my music posts are how you know me, and it's this I want to address.

On Twitter I share a lot of links and tips to music I've found or rediscovered, and i have started to think that it's a terrible shame these posts get lost into the ether when I start rambling on about politics* (*toast/Tunnocks Caramel Wafers). A few of you said you'd like me to do a weekly roundup of these links, so that's what I'm going to do. This is the trial run. If it's rubbish, we can forget it ever happened. If it isn't, I'll try and do one every week, or every fortnight. We'll see how it goes.

I'd really appreciate your feedback on this - if you don't want this type of post, tell me, otherwise it's just a huge waste of my time. I don't need these for my own use you see - all the music I post I already own, or am about to own. It's all for you guys! Feel special! I wuuuuub you!

**************************************************

MORTEM - THE TOUCH

http://soundcloud.com/influenza-ltd/sets/imltd-1204-mortem-the-touch/

A label I love are releasing a song I adore. This was a good day for me.

CROSSES

I discovered Crosses last week. It was a bit of an eye-opener.




GUILTY SIMPSON - WHAT TO DO (Oh No RMX)



CLARITY - DAYS IN

You probably already know about my boredering-on-worrying obsession with Clarity. He's got a release coming out soon on an interesting new label called Crescent41.

 Days In - Forthcoming on Crescent 41 by Clarity

DUB PHIZIX & SKEPTICAL - MARKA/RAGS

This was also the week we were all given a solid release date for MARKA.

Earlier in the week, that Dub Phizix character was on the radio doing an interview and playing he and Skeptical's forthcoming tracks "Marka" and previously unknown (but heard and bloody irritatingly untitled) "Rags". both are ace. Listen to the show again here.

SILENT DUST

I've been banging on about these ever since my mate @Blesid told me about them the other month. I love their self-titled album to bits, and so it seemed only right to doa bit of off-the-cuff promoting for their remixes EP too. Find it at Beatport here.

**************************************************

"I can spot you a mile off/I'm not stalking you/You just have a new jumper/and I think it looks cute"

**************************************************


ROYALSTON

This week I have mostly been in awe of Royalston's production. Check his latest EP for more.
Cerulean Blue
Late Nights

An oldie - from Medschool's New Blood 010, The Test is probably still my favourite Royalston track.

The Test by Royalston

NUAGE - COLLABORATIONS AND REMIXES
I'm pretty much in love with all the music Nuage ever makes.

TRNSL008: Nuage - Collaborations & Remixes by translationrecordings

FATHOM AUDIO - DEFENCE - SKEPTICAL RMX

 Defence - Fathom Audio (SKEPTICAL RMX) - F35 #001 by Fathom Audio

ELECTRONIC EXPLORATIONS - MARCUS INTALEX


Been waiting a while for this one - ever since Eastcolors put it on his cheeky mix a couple of months ago. Plus Enei won some awards this week, didn't he! Brill.

 Enei & MC DRS - Obsession [CRITICAL] by ENEI

BLU MAR TEN - PILGRIM SOUL

Blu Mar Ten released Pilgrim Soul this week in return for donations to the Mayhew Animal Home. How nice of them :-) 

Get it here.

LOXY & SKEPTICAL - ENGAGE

 Loxy & Skeptical - Engage by Renegade Hardware

KING CANNIBAL MIX FOR XFM

I've been going on about KC for a couple of weeks now since I went on a bit of a dubstep/electronica bender, but it's hard to talk somebody up when they can call you on it every time and make you look like a stalker...bloody Twitter :-)



 HLZ - GET THE BLUES
A couple of years old but I'd never heard it - I know, shocking. I was at Momentum last Friday and heard it over their ridiculous speakers (ask anybody, it's like being punched directly in the eardrum) and had to know what it was.



LOOPS HAUNT - ARK

I suddenly became obsessed with Loops Haunt this week. EP out soon, expect me to talk it up A LOT.


My so-called friends had never  introduced my to Two Fingers before, and I'm pretty annoyed about it.

Find a YT playlist of their LP "Instrumental" here, but may I suggest just buying everything they've ever made. You won't regret it.

ITAL TEK

I love everything about iTAL tEK, from the way he spells his name, to the way his music sounds like when you cut your mouth on a boiled sweet. Reviews, innit. Get to know (I'm sure you already do though.)

From his Blood Line EP (A work of sublime genius. In my opinion.)

JUBEI & KASRA - THE RIFT



No comments:

1. 4.
There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails